Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This call may be monitored

You know when you call somewhere business-like they always have that message that your call may be monitored for quality assurance (when you know they are really recording it in case you go off on someone and they  all play it back at the end of the day for a good laugh)?  Well have you ever wanted one to actually be recorded or monitored?  Neither have I until  a few days ago.  I had to call a business to update my account and let them know of some lifestyle changes.  When I got to the part that I'm leaving my husband (and I swear that this is the truth) the lady who answered the phone said "well, good for you!!" and then tried to pretend that she was coughing.  I laughed and told her that it was totally ok that she said that and, in fact, I really appreciated it!  We ended the conversation with her encouraging me, and telling me that she was going through the same thing, and that it was possible to have the life that we are dreaming of after the dust settles.  I laughed and laughed and was so thankful that she answered the phone that day.  I like to think that maybe they monitored that and had a laugh at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment