Thursday, February 24, 2011

Love and Life in the HOV lane.

When you ask people who really know me to describe my interests you're very likely to hear anything. You know for a fact you'll hear something about yarn, but up until last year you know what you wouldn't hear...cars. Yep. Cars. Actually if you were to ask me right now my response would be "nah, not really but John loves them so I notice them more and they are a bit more interesting."
So many things have changed in my life lately I can't even (nor do I want to) list them all: my divorced was finalized, my ex-husband got remarried and already has a new baby...that crazy list goes on and on. I do, however, have someone new who fills so many blanks and changed my question marks to exclamation points. John. John loves cars. John who loves cars and loves me even though I don't.
John and I met on one of those online sites that I probably mention for legal reasons. But I can say it worked. I had my doubts but Jang Soon, the Ethel to my Lucy, encouraged me to do it, and wow am I ever glad she did! In fact while we were talking last weekend the topic of modern day cavewomen and their hybrid car "clubs" came up. Ooops! The question just floated in the air around us: How would my car loving partner respond to the use of cars as weapons to meet men? Well, he'd just better be darn thankful that A) I don't own a hybrid and B) if I did own one I didn't run him down with it because if the opportunity had presented itself, I would have! (Of course he'd jump up worried about fender damage and know how to fix it!)
So now I find my spare weekends, when M is at her dad's house, filled with things such as lunch with other car enthusiasts (where I listen politely to conversations that I don't understand), garages (I can knit in garages!), and scenic drives(where I could knit, but then I'd miss the views)...and I wouldn't change a thing!!! Because when people find out how we met they always ask: "if they approached you to do a commercial for that site where you met, would you do it?". The answer is always a resounding yes! Maybe they can film us driving into our sunset, because that's what my life has become- love in the HOV lane, and we are thrilled to be traveling together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment